Monday 25 July 2011

Lack of productivity and Harry Potter

Well. I had a list of three things to do today: tidy my room, read the part of "Relativity: the Special and General Theory" that's relevant to my EPQ, and start posting on this new Remus/Sirius tumblr I made. I didn't do any of those things xD

I started tidying my room and then decided to start reading the Einstein book and finish later, then I got a few chapters into the book and my brother suggested going climbing. I hadn't been climbing since February and I was like "eh it's not the best time", then I was like "eh it'll never be the best time", so I went. It was good; I enjoyed it. I have realised that I am already behind and this is the first day I planned to do anything for the EPQ. Which sucks.

Anyway. Umm. Yeah Harry Potter was good. I almost cried, which is an extreme emotional reaction for me. When Neville single-handedly killed all those death eaters and when he spoke up about it not mattering that Harry was dead. I love Neville. Also generally when you saw everyone banding together in the battle of Hogwarts. I am like a proud mother. I didn't like how they did the scene where Voldemort dies. In the book that was in front of everyone and it was very climactic and stuff, but in the film it was just like "oh, so he's dead now". And I don't like the fact that only Harry saw it, because as far as everyone else is concerned it might not have happened. All they have to go on is Harry's word. I just feel that it would be better if everyone saw it with their own eyes.

Also, this film made me think that it was a bad idea to split the last book in two, because you're dropped straight into the plot and it's a bit confusing when you haven't seen the first half for ages. Also, the whole film was very tense and there were no light-hearted moments. I think that took something away somehow: the final climax doesn't seem as dramatic when the whole film has been really dramatic already. It's like, you need to take the tension away for a while so the audience really feel the tension in the final moments. But anyway. What do I know? :P

And Black Swan. Man that is like the scariest film I have ever seen. I mean I have watched horror films and stuff but eurgh. It's just so horrible. Eww eww eww. Yeah. I don't want to talk about it in depth lol. It was really good, but not really my kind of film.

Okay I need to go to sleep. Tomorrow I will finish the things I meant to finish today. Yes.

Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment